Solved: 2019 taxes

chriszedlar

2019 taxes

Hey so I had to mail in my 2019 taxes to amend them about two weeks ago but my 2020 taxes keep getting rejected because of it. what do i need to do? do i print out my 2020 taxes and mail those in too?

2019 taxes

Try using 0 (zero) for the AGI.

DavidD66

2019 taxes

Can you clarify why you think mailing an amended return for 2019 is causing your 2020 e-file submission to be rejected?

chriszedlar

2019 taxes

thank you for responding! it said I had to mail in my 2019 returns, then when i try to file my 2020 taxes i have to resend my 2019 with my 2020. I don't know how to file my 2020 separately 

2019 taxes

Is the AGI rejecting?  You need to enter the AGI from your Original 2019 return not the amended one.  Or if the original AGI doesn't work then try entering 0 for the AGI.  If 0 doesn't work then you will have to print and mail your 2020 return.  

2019 taxes

What did it say?   You file each year separately.   Did you file an original 2019 return last year?  Why are you amending it?  Are you trying to do or amend 2019 online now?  Online is only for 2020.  

chriszedlar

2019 taxes

yes it asks for my AGI, i put in what i had but it rejects it I dont know what im doing wrong or if im missing something. I cant think of anything im missing.

2019 taxes

Try using 0 (zero) for the AGI.

chriszedlar

2019 taxes

WOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED!!!!! have a great day your the best!