turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2018 tax return copy

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

2018 tax return copy

PRINT RETURN   You need to print a copy of your return?  Sign in to your account using exactly the same account and user ID that you used to prepare your return.
On the bottom of the screen find Your tax returns & documents and click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

2018 tax return copy

When I have done that it asked me to file and pay for them

2018 tax return copy

Then you are in the wrong account.

Many people have multiple TT accounts and forget how to access them.  Log out of the account you are in now.

Account recovery

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535-forgot-your-turbotax-online-user-id-or-password

Or did you use the desktop version of TurboTax?  If so, the files are on your own hard drive or any backup device you used like a flash drive.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901486-how-many-turbotax-accounts-do-i-have

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

2018 tax return copy

jarnold1951 wrote:
When I have done that it asked me to file and pay for them

Please confirm that you are trying to print the current 2018 return and not a prior year, and that the return was prepared in Online TurboTax.   Have you already paid and filed your 2018 return?   If so, then you should have free access to it at least until October 31, 2020.

If you haven't yet filed the 2018 return, then in order to print prior to filing, you have to go ahead and pay the fees, we can tell you how.

You appear to be using Live Deluxe, which is 119.99 for a Federal return and 44.99 for a state return.

2018 tax return copy

I edited the above comment.   I mentioned the wrong product.   You appear to be using Live Deluxe, which is 119.99 for a Federal return and 44.99 for a state return.    Had you already paid those fees and filed the return, or are you wanting to print for review prior to filing?

If it's asking you to start a brand new 2018 return as though you haven't started one, or to finish one when you have already successfully filed,  then xmasbaby0 told you above how to look for multiple accounts in order to find the account with the finished and filed return.

shjohn3

2018 tax return copy

When I do that I only get a one page .pdf.  I need to show a copy of the signed 2018 tax return

2018 tax return copy

Yes that is the NEW postcard size 1040.  Under the new tax laws, there are no more simple Form 1040EZ or 1040A's.  Everything goes on a little Form 1040 that has six extra "schedules" with it.

The new 1040 is 2 half pages but now print on 1 sheet with the Signature line in the Middle.  If you need a signed copy then sign it yourself  using an ink pen.

1040.jpg

shjohn3

2018 tax return copy

The one page that is available doesn't show income. I need a copy of my 2018 tax return that shows our income for our child's Financial Aid.

2018 tax return copy

shjohn3 wrote:

The one page that is available doesn't show income. I need a copy of my 2018 tax return that shows our income for our child's Financial Aid.

That page shown in VolvoGirl's image should show the income that came from other schedules and worksheets.   Lines 1-6 are income items, and Line 7 is Adjusted Gross Income (AGI.)   If you need additional forms and schedules that are not in that PDF, here's how to open your filed return back up to go the Print Center where you can choose various PDFs.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it since it's already been filed.

• Log in and go to "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Click that line or on the word SHOW to expand that section.
  • Choose 2018 tax year.
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer 3 options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.

NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

2018 tax return copy

I need a copy of my 2018 taxes

2018 tax return copy

Going to try it again

2018 tax return copy

@Rosieordonez wrote:

I need a copy of my 2018 taxes

Was the 2018 return prepared in Online TurboTax?   If so, log in and at the Tax Home go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."   Expand that section and choose tax year 2018.  Look for a link to "download/print the PDF."

Do you find the return there, but can't download it?   Or do you find no evidence of the 2018 return in that account?   If you find no evidence of a 2018 return in that account, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

If you prepared the return in the desktop software (CD/download), then it will not be in an online account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies