Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2018 return has been printed but not mailed, Turbo Tax fees paid. Can I make corrections and reprint?

Regarding Clergy Housing Allowance, I added the amount I received as a negative amount in other income, line 21 (-$18,000). Per article in this link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4289819-clergy-housing-allowance-is-not-subtracting-from-wages-on-...

Unfortunately, I removed that amount ($18,000) from the W-2 section thinking that this would confuse things...It seems the confusion was with me because my AGI is around $900! 

I have NOT mailed the returns (E-file was not eligible). I want to make the necessary correction, then E-file or print my corrected returns accordingly. 

Thank you!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
swaneel

2018 return has been printed but not mailed, Turbo Tax fees paid. Can I make corrections and reprint?

If you have not mailed the return, you can make the corrections and re-print.
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Since you have not yet mailed your return, you can still make changes to it.

However, since you chose to file by mail, TurboTax thinks that you are done with your return and any additional changes will require an amended return.  This is not true unless you did drop that return in the mail.

Use the following steps to re-open your return so that you can make changes:

·         In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.

·         Select Tax Home in the left menu.

·         Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.

·         Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).

Thanks again, for your response. Unfortunately, Turbo Tax assumes I want to ammend my return and won't let me choose "add a state" to get in. It directs me to ammend which is not yet available.
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

From another post with the same type of problem:  

'There actually may be two places to click "Add a State".    Did you use one that is visible on the Tax Home page?    If so, try this other method.   In the left menu column, click on Previous Taxes, which should take you to a section called "Your Tax Returns & Documents."   Expand that section, if necessary.  Choose tax year 2018.  Is there another "Add a State" link there?   If so, try that one.'

I hope that helps.

I am not seeing any other option except to amend. No additional option (method) for "add a state".
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies