turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mapetkoff
Returning Member

2017 Tax Files

I have purchased Turbo Tax since 2014.  I need to open my copy of a 2017 Tax return but it keeps giving me an error 190 and wants me to pay for the state returns again.  Why do I have to pay again for the state returns? Turbotax Home and Business Personal & Self Employed 2017. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

2017 Tax Files

You don't have to pay for state returns again in your 2017 desktop software.   What all are you doing?  Did you previous uninstall your 2017 software, and are you reinstalling the 2017 software?   If so, since your *.tax2017 data file has a state return(s) it in, it will give you Error 190 until your 2017 software has the state software installed.

You said state "returns" plural.  Did you have more than one state return?  If you are reinstalling, you should be able to download at least one state return--the one included with your product--and can ask TurboTax Support for the other.

Do you have any 2017 state software installed now?  If not, start a new fake 2017 return just long enough to download the first state software.

If it's making you pay for a second state, then phone TurboTax Support during business hours, and they can push you the state software.

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number. Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

mapetkoff
Returning Member

2017 Tax Files

Thank you, I will give them a call.  Yes I had Arizona, but also purchased Nebraska and California for 2017.  I did start the dummy return and it wants my credit card info when I log into my Intuit account.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies