Solved: 1040x

1040x

I electronically filed my 2020 return and two days later received a K-1.  I have amended my return.  My question is:  Do I need to send in both the 1040x AND my original return together?  I read the instruction but it is not clear on this.

Thank you in advance,

Kent 

1040x

You do not need to send in your 1040 Federal return with your Federal amended return.  The IRS already has your original return, you would keep the 1040 return for your records. The new 1040 that printed out shows how your return would have looked if you originally filed that way.

1040x