Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

$1,400 missing from tax return <FRAUD>

More finance dirtbag games.

I was told I was going to be getting back $3,226.00 which I need just to stay on my feet. These PIECES OF DOG**bleep** send me $1,826.00.

It was "pending" for weeks, then the amount dropped by FOURTEEN HUNDRED, and it cleared the next day.

I tried to call the IRS - nothing. Can't even get someone to pick up the phone. Then I tried to call the dirtbags at turbotax - nothing. Wouldn't even answer the phone. No way to contact anyone.

Thanks!

What amazing service.

P.S.. I have no dependents, owe no money, and didn't receive any "stimulus'" check.

That the digital age of business. Things just go missing. Then they use the lovely phrase "third party" to get out of it. Obviously they needed it more than me.

Never again.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Does the IRS website indicate that you were sent less than what was reported on your federal tax return Form 1040 Line 34? - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
Or call 1-800-829-1954

If your refund is short $1,400 then that is because you said you did not receive the 3rd stimulus payment and the IRS has records that show you were sent the 3rd stimulus payment so they removed the $1,400 Recovery Rebate Credit that was entered on Form 1040 Line 30.

Go to this IRS website for your tax account to see if the 3rd stimulus payment is entered - https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

If you checked your bank account in the March - May 2021 timeframe and there is not a $1,400 EIP3 payment from the IRS then go to this IRS website for how to start a trace on the payment - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

I have to be honest, I'm not well versed in the IRS website.  The Federal Government needs to step up and at least have the customer service level of your average McDonalds.  By being available.  

I just remember seeing a deduction of almost half, then there was a link as to why this may have happened.  And they gave a few examples.  The code I was told was an input error.  But it didnt say which line or specify anything at all.

Basically, they're using these "Stimulus" checks to rob the poor by deducting the little bit of refund they get, after getting taxed to death - and calling it a "payment".  It's the first "payment" in my life - that I paid BACK.

whats the opposite of "stimulating" - thats the feeling you get when you pay them back.  For a loan you didnt ask for.  

I know for a fact I didn't receive any $1,400 anything because I live hand to mouth - so I'd notice a whopping 1,400 for no apparent reason.  I would assume each check has a number specific to itself.  Wouldn't if be immediately apparent on THIER end that I didn't?

I had to do google research just to find out the phone code loophole to get the answering machine that tells you to "Call tomorrow". Three times already.  

From Tax Slayer:

• Call the IRS at [phone number removed] during their support hours
    of 7 AM to 7 PM local time Monday to Friday.
  • Select your language, pressing 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
  • Press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.
  • Press 1 for questions about a form already filed or a payment.
  • Press 3 for all other questions.
  • Press 2 for all other questions.
  • Make no entry when queried for the SSN.
  • Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
  • Press 4 for all other questions.

Thanks for the links though.  Ill try and move forward on that.  lol, and do more work..to get back..stolen goods.  

one last government favor of recent - the send you a receipt when you surrender your plates - then you're supposed to send that receipt to your former insurance company to "finalize" your insurance. I did it in January...and I still haven't gotten it yet.  I called.  They ordered me another one - still haven't gotten it yet.  Meanwhile, AllState is ALREADY sent a bill for $1,000 because I didnt send them this a receipt yet.  In the age of pdfs.

Government is the least essential institution.  They just ghost you like a bad date...cant reach em, cant get a single piece of paper out of them...but have to trust and honor them at all times.  Civil NO rights.  Except the right to remain silent.  And distant.  and "saaaaaaaaaaafe"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies