jonmarcspector

!00% Fed Refund Not Received

I am thrilled to be done with my Fed and State taxes, and have already had my returned accepted. But the Fed Refund which was direct deposit, was less than it should have been and NOT from the Treasury. Was there a deduction by TurboTax for direct deposit?

!00% Fed Refund Not Received

There is no TT charge for direct deposit.  Rather, there is an extra cost to have your TT fees deducted from your refund.  This is handled by a third party bank, who then forwards the balance to your bank account.  (All this was disclosed when you selected Pay with Refund.  Sorry you missed it.)

jonmarcspector

!00% Fed Refund Not Received

Thank you for the information, SweetieJean.  But I paid-in-full for the TurboTax software when I downloaded it.  Were there "other fees" that I missed? I opted out of the extra protection they asked me to consider right before filing.  I do not recall this process in previous years nor the extra fees. Something to consider when choosing software for Tax Year 2021! TT's "third party" took over 5% of my refund without any specific notification.  Hmm.  Not quite the most transparent when selling a service. Like they feel guilty or something.  - Jon