turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MarvF
Returning Member

Form 2210 Page 4 prints twice

Why is Turbotax Deluxe printing Form 2210 Page 4 twice - one is filled out and the other contains no data? The return is "Error Free". I'm concerned with a possible error condition when I try to e-file.

I tried deleting the form and then reinserting and reentering the data - still prints twice!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MarvF
Returning Member

Resolved issue after some trouble shooting - it's a bug.

On form 2210 page 4 (Schedule AI) Part II Annualized Self-Employment Tax lines 28 "Wages subject to social security tax . . ." TP and SP: If you manually enter  zero (0), when you do not have any self employment income, the second page with no data is printed. If you do not enter the numeric zero (leave the entries blank) the empty page does NOT print. So, even though the entry is correct TTAX fails. I'm not sure what would happen if the IRS had received an e-filed return with two different copies of this schedule. SHOULD BE FIXED!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is how to fix the issue:

Form 2210 page 4, in Schedule AI  Part II labeled  Annualized Self-Employment Tax, on line 30 "Enter actual wages for the period subject to social security tax," Leave it blank for both the Tax Payer and the Spouse.  If you enter $0, it will generate the additional page 4. If you leave the entry blank, it will not print the additional page 4.

@Anonymous 

Not sure why you are posting answers on threads this old unless you are trying to "get to the next level" faster which really means nothing as there is no prizes handed out  ... and that the error in the program was corrected with an update more than  3 years ago.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is thinking about points, prizes or whatever they give?   That is ridiculous.  I am correcting an error that could confuse someone else.  If you take a look at the 2020 Form, you would see the solution is not applicable to TY 2020.  That issue came up recently and the fix instruction was wrong!  (Tax lines 28 "Wages subject to social security tax )  is actually on line 30!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies