turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CP05 LETTER

Ok i first received a letter stating i needed to call and prove my idenity so i did that .the lady i spoke with stated "okay so you will recwive your refund in 6-9 weeks .now i go to the mailbox today june 25th and i receive a cp05 letter ?? So im confused first she said refund was being issued .now why am i receiving this letter .i hope it doesnt mean audit does it? And also it states review will be completwd by august 9th WOW .ill receive a refund or another notice.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS ? has anyone dealt with this if so dis you get your refund? and how long did it take ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

CP05 LETTER

• You may want to try discussing this with a Taxpayer Advocate, and explain to them that this is the second letter you've received.  It's always possible it was sent in error.
  • If you are experiencing economic harm, believe an IRS system or procedure isn’t working as it should, or are seeking help in resolving tax problems that have not been resolved through normal channels, you may be eligible for Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) assistance. You can reach them at 1-877-777-4778 or TTY/TTD 1-877-777-4778.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies