Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to provide 1099's to home health aids that work with my mother, what service or product can I use? I am not a small business...

I need to provide 1099's to home health aids that have cared for my mother this year. They do not quality to get W2's based upon the criteria. Is there a service that I can use that is not for a small business owner to simply fill out the date, get copies and have the IRS receive the information? Currently the paper forms are scanned by the IRS... Seems an old way to go not to mention the forms are in triplicate.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I need to provide 1099's to home health aids that work with my mother, what service or product can I use? I am not a small business...

https://quickemployerforms.intuit.com/signin.htm?url=https%3A%2F%2Fquickemployerforms.intuit.com%2Fw...

If this expense is being claimed on SCH A as an itemized medical deduction, you don't need to issue any 1099-MISCs in most cases. Just be aware of the following:

- Your itemized deductions make no difference until they exceed your standard deduction.

- Medical expenses cannot be included on the SCH A as an itemized deduction, until those medical expenses exceed 7.5% of your AGI.

With HHC, this may not be any problem for you. But I just want you to be aware is all.

Is this really a valid deduction?  

Found a great software at Staples.. TOPS which submits the the Federal copy and prints off for the home health aids. 

Someone posted about deductions. The IRS has a list of the tasks performed that are considered medical and therefore deductible vs companion which are not. You have to work with  your doctor and determine a split if there is any question. 

But original problem resolved. TOPS was easy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies