turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Large Amount of State Returns

I work a job that has me travel all across the country; I have 20+ state returns to file this year. (Don't get me started). I'm trying to figure out the best software and way to do that - I know a majority of them will need to be mailed in as I can't afford the exorbitant turbotax efiling fees (I'm a musician, not a Wall Street billionaire) but I'm not sure my best course of action.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TT should be able to handle ; however the software is $40 each... and then you’ll have to paper mail most of them

But may still be worth it to you for time and convenience

And even if you did attempt it with TurboTax...you would have to buy and download and install the Desktop/Download version for 2018.  (And it only installs on a full Computer  Windows 7 or higher, or a full MAC with OS X 10.12 or higher)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Even though TT could handle it, there is only one free state return included. The other 19 will cost ~$20 each [EDIT: I saw in another posting that the additional states are $45/each this year!]. Most states offer a way to download their documents free online (PDFs) and/or have free online filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies