Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to make joint estimate tax payment online?

Me and my spouse both receive 1099 at the beginning of this year. I am trying to make a joint quarter estimate tax payments online through the IRS website. However, when I login I can only enter my information and there are no boxes to enter my spouses' name or social (or any relevant information for that matter) despite the fact I have selected I intend to file jointly this year (I have filed jointly last year as well as the two years prior) any help? Or do I have to mail it?  

My understanding is that the 1040-ES has a section you can fill out your spouses' information if you intend to make joint estimate tax payments but this is no where to be found on the IRS website. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

How to make joint estimate tax payment online?

When doing the IRS online payments, you would have to first sing in as you, then your spouse will have to sign in separately and make the payments. I went through the process on the IRS website and found no place to enter spouse's information... So, it looks that it must be done separately or - like you said- mail the payments. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies