Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Filing an amendment for capital loss

I'm filing an amendment for 2014 because I need to claim a capital loss during that time. I purchased the 2014 TurboTax software, but I'm only able to see to see 1099-R and 1099-Misc. How can I upload the 1099 form from my broker to claim this loss?

1 Comment
Level 9

Filing an amendment for capital loss

You would not be able to download broker information for prior years directly into the program.  The download files are special files created by the brokerage company and are only available for download during that specific tax season.


You may still be able to download a .pdf of the 1099-b form itself to your computer and print it out, the use it to manually enter your information into the program.