Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Posting payments

Is it just me, or does anyone notice the disparity between when you pay and when it's posted. It seems I have been paying my mortgage since Nov, and trans Union says I haven't made a payment but I am not late. And if I enquire I get to talk to India, where the doubletalk reaches new levels.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
lwdupont
Intuit Alumni

Posting payments

That seems a little late to me, but as an example I got a car loan in November, and it didn't show up on my credit report until mid-january. I might give the mortgage company a ring and see why they aren't reporting it yet. 

Lucien

Posting payments

Being that the loan company is quicken, and on their page it shows paid, I will just have to wait and see

Posting payments

It’s actually customary and used to be standard practice for creditors to wait 6 months before they started reporting to your reports. These days it doesn’t always take that long, but it gives you time to build up a “history” with them, and gives your creditors time to do all the “paperwork” (data entry).
So, basically it gives them time to make sure you’re going to pay properly (or at all) before they go through the trouble of starting to report your activity to the credit agencies. I guess it must be a hassle for them, which is why a lot of creditors only report to 2 agencies, instead of all 3. Which is why you can have 3 different credit scores between the agencies. Very few creditors report to all 3 consistently.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies