I am a self-employed US citizen living permanently in Canada. Is there a version of Turbotax that works for both the Foreign Tax Credit and Self-employment tax?

Hello!

I am trying to figure out if there is a Turbotax option for my particular situation.  I am a US citizen living in Canada as a permanent resident.  My only income is from a variety of freelance sources (from things such as illustration, graphic design, and workshop facilitation).  I have already filed and paid my Canadian taxes, and am looking to file my US taxes (my income was less than 8,000 US this year, so I don't think filing is strictly necessary, but I assume it's still a good idea).  

Basically, I want to be able to fill out both Schedule SE (self employment tax) and Form 116 (foreign tax credit), and whatever other forms I need.  Does TurboTax self-employed do this?  If not, is there another option?

And one secondary question:  This isn't relevant for this year since, as stated above, I have already completed my Canadian taxes, but I would like to know for future if there is any sort of benefit to filing both US and Canadian taxes through Turbotax? As it is, I'm using a different service for my Canadian taxes, but would certainly switch to Turbotax if there is a good reason to?

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default