I was given both a W2 and 1099MISC because my employers didnt start my tax forms until mid-year, so What can I do to not have to pay Independent Contractor taxes?

I Was told when starting my job last January that they would get me a W-45 to sign. Then in July after asking them repeatedly about my taxes, they said They were going to File me as an Independent Contractor. After researching what that would mean to me, I told them i can't work for them if I wasnt being filed as an employee. So they scrambled and finally got me a W-4 to sign. I just recently left that job, and I then recieved both a W-2 AND a 1099MISC tax form, because apparently they didnt file the first 7 months of me working there as an employee like they said they would, but instead filed me as an Independent Contractor like they were going to do from the beginning. What can I do to get this fixed?

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community