I bought a home for my parents, and everything is in my name. I pay the mortgage, and they reimburse me the amount of the mortgage. Do I have to claim this as income?

I provided the 20% down payment on the home, and financed everything in my name, because they couldn't.   They were also unable to qualify for the mortgage in terms of credit, and they were fearful that the home they were renting at the time was going to see an increase in rent amount.   

Other than having the deed and mortgage loan in my name, they live their like its their own.  They pay for any improvements in the house and we do not have a rental contract.    Upon repayment of the mortgage loan, the home will be transferred into their name.   If they do not survive that long, we had agreed that the house would be sold, and any profits made would be divided and given to my sisters and me.

Does this arrangement require that I claim the mortgage payments as income? While I am not netting anything, I'm not sure how uncle Sam will view this arrangement.  

No answers have been posted

More Actions

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community
Default