Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

supers4
Returning Member

CHILD DEPENDENT

So I claimed my fiancé and her 3 kids and our child we have together  on my taxes but I only got stimulus check for our son and myself I know she wont get anything due to being a dependent ..why is that ? I have been claiming them for years now they live with me and I support them 100% by myself. she is a SAHM so she doesn't do taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

CHILD DEPENDENT

To qualify for the stimulus payment, your dependent must meet the requirements of a qualifying child

• They must be related to you (blood, marriage, or adoption) 
  • They must either be under age 19 or a full-time student under 24 
  • For the stimulus payment, your dependent must be under age 17. See more about additional requirements below. 
  • You must financially support them 
  • They must live with you for at least half of the year 

The bill doesn’t provide any kind of payments to children over the age of 16 who are still claimed as dependents by their parents. Even if those children file their own taxes, if they are claimed as a dependent by a parent they will receive no stimulus payment, nor will their parents receive one on their behalf. The current language also excludes rebates for dependents with disabilities of any age.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

CHILD DEPENDENT

To qualify for the stimulus payment, your dependent must meet the requirements of a qualifying child

• They must be related to you (blood, marriage, or adoption) 
  • They must either be under age 19 or a full-time student under 24 
  • For the stimulus payment, your dependent must be under age 17. See more about additional requirements below. 
  • You must financially support them 
  • They must live with you for at least half of the year 

The bill doesn’t provide any kind of payments to children over the age of 16 who are still claimed as dependents by their parents. Even if those children file their own taxes, if they are claimed as a dependent by a parent they will receive no stimulus payment, nor will their parents receive one on their behalf. The current language also excludes rebates for dependents with disabilities of any age.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies