These instructions are a general guideline. Your exact steps may vary depending on how you've customized Windows.
- Select Start.
- Select File Explorer.
- Navigate to the Start screen, Windows desktop, or any full screen app.
- Press the Windows Logo key + F (or CTRL + ESC).
Windows 7 or Vista
- Select the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Enter your search term in the Search programs and files field.
- Select the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select Search.
- Select All files and folders.
- Type the name of your item in the All or part of the file name field.
- At the Look in field, select the drive or folder to search. (To search your entire computer, select My Computer.)
- Select Search. The search results appear in the right pane.
If you can't find the file you're looking for, you might need to view hidden files and folders.