Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

krebman31

I cannot file. Federal asks for a review and fix but provides no means to do so. Mail option does not work either. How do I overcome to file returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
RachaelM

I cannot file. Federal asks for a review and fix but provides no means to do so. Mail option does not work either. How do I overcome to file returns?

What is the message you're getting when you attempt to file?
krebman31

It says irs guidelines do not allow file and I must mail.  I am unable to fix anything in the review section - no options available.  And when I click the mail option it returns me to the review process again.  Stuck!
RachaelM

The link below will guide you through printing and mail your return
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online">http...>
RachaelM

You can't e-file returns that contain overrides, have no taxable income, where the W-2 box 1 is blank or box 16 exceeds box 1, contain IRS forms not on the accepted Forms and Schedules list, and many nonresident and part-year state returns.

Tax returns that contain non-final forms, prior-year returnsamended returns, and the 6th return you try to e-file in the TurboTax software will also be rejected.

Some returns will keep getting bounced back because somebody already claimed a dependent or because of incorrect information at the IRS.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901497-when-a-tax-return-can-t-be-e-filed-no-matter-what-you-do

krebman31

Turbo Tax will not allow me to print and mail to complete
RachaelM

Which section of the tax return is TurboTax saying is incorrect?

If it's not allowing you to print;
Try clearing cache and cookies on your current browser or
Using Google Chrome if your using a different browser.
You can also try using an private browsing window (<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en">https://support.go...>)
krebman31

Does the free turbo tax option allow me to print or do I need to upgrade?
RachaelM

The Free TurboTax version does allow you to print.
krebman31

Nothing works - cannot print or file with free option
RachaelM

Which section of the return is TurboTax saying needs review?
krebman31

Complete check
It looks like you have a tax situation in your federal return that makes it ineligible for e-filing, according to IRS rules.

Here are the details:

All of the following lines of Form 1040 have a zero value:
Line 6 - Total income
Line 7 - Adjusted gross income
Line 11a - Tax
Line 11 - Total Tax Before Credits And Other Taxes
Line 12 - Total credits
Line 15 - Total tax
Line 18 - Total paymen
RachaelM

Even if you earned income last year, if it falls below the IRS minimum you don't have to file a tax return. The minimum varies according to your age and filing status—whether you are single, head of household, filing jointly with your spouse or you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's taxes.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/can-i-file-an-income-tax-return-if-i-dont-have-a...>

If line 6 have a zero value then that indicates that no income was earned in tax year 2018.
krebman31

Frustrating exercise!
RocieP
Returning Member

We are not able to complete the e-filing of our 2020 taxes. There is an odd message.  We completed all entries for charitable contributions, but the message reads:

Charitable entriesCharitable entriesError for Charitable DonationsError for Charitable Donations

...and no matter what we enter in the field above nothing seems to work.  Need help!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies