Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

5viola

I efiled but Ca state forms still show as "not final"when I go to print. 540 and payment voucher. When will they be final? The chart shows the forms are "available".

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I efiled but Ca state forms still show as "not final"when I go to print. 540 and payment voucher. When will they be final? The chart shows the forms are "available".

Try this other way to print from the Print Center, and hopefully it will not have the "Do Not File" watermark. Please report back if it worked for you or not.

• Scroll down to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "Add a State".   (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open back up.)
  • Once the return is open and past the blue "Simple and accurate" screen, click at the top on MY ACCOUNT.
  • Then choose PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print/save/view this year's return."
  • It should give you choice of a PDF as filed or one with "all forms and worksheets."   See if either of those PDF's has the forms without the watermark.

NOTE:  Do not use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Has the CA efiled return been accepted yet?   If so, I may be able to tell you how to print without the watermark?

You can check the status here:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp">https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efi...>
5viola

Yes- both state and federal accepted within hours.

Try this other way to print from the Print Center, and hopefully it will not have the "Do Not File" watermark. Please report back if it worked for you or not.

• Scroll down to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "Add a State".   (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open back up.)
  • Once the return is open and past the blue "Simple and accurate" screen, click at the top on MY ACCOUNT.
  • Then choose PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print/save/view this year's return."
  • It should give you choice of a PDF as filed or one with "all forms and worksheets."   See if either of those PDF's has the forms without the watermark.

NOTE:  Do not use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

5viola

Thanks. That worked. So what effectively did I do - by going back into the return ("add a state") did I "refresh" my return, bringing up the final version of the forms? When I kept going to "download & print" was it stuck on the original version with the "Do Not File" mark? Thanks again.

Well, we're mostly fellow users, so we don't know exactly how all of TurboTax servers work.  But I suspect it generated a fresh PDF that way.    It's possible the info is retrieved by different methods in the Tax Timeline and the online Print Center.   Perhaps there is a "lag" before the Timeline PDFs update.   It was a problem for a while last year as well.  That's why I knew what would likely work for you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies