turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

schiattof

My daughter doesn't have yet SSN and ITIN. When/how i could apply for the ITIN to get it on time for the tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My daughter doesn't have yet SSN and ITIN. When/how i could apply for the ITIN to get it on time for the tax return?

In that case, you will need to print your return and mail it to the IRS along with a form W-7, which is a request to assign her an ITIN.  There's no way to file faster without doing that procedure.  For Turbotax, leave the SSN blank, or if it won't even let you print, then put in a fake tax number to get through the interview (try 999-88-9999) and use some white-out to cover it up on the printed copy before you mail it in.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-w7

Mail the tax return, the W-7, and the required proof for the W-7 to the address in the W-7 instructions, which may be different than the normal address you mail your tax returns to.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

IS she eligible for an SSN?
schiattof

She is not eligible for the SSN

xxxxxxxxx

In that case, you will need to print your return and mail it to the IRS along with a form W-7, which is a request to assign her an ITIN.  There's no way to file faster without doing that procedure.  For Turbotax, leave the SSN blank, or if it won't even let you print, then put in a fake tax number to get through the interview (try 999-88-9999) and use some white-out to cover it up on the printed copy before you mail it in.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-w7

Mail the tax return, the W-7, and the required proof for the W-7 to the address in the W-7 instructions, which may be different than the normal address you mail your tax returns to.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies