Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brixk

Won't let me file my taxes because it keeps saying "due to congress passing new disaster relief tax laws"

I looked on previous threads and followed the steps through Federal -> Wages & Income -> Wrap Up, but I'm not getting the pop up question regarding disaster distribution. I think I previously clicked "yes" because I thought the stimulus checks counted but I realized they don't. Now it's not letting me file my tax return because of this error. I can't clear and start over either because I already paid for it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Won't let me file my taxes because it keeps saying "due to congress passing new disaster relief tax laws"

IRS form 8915-F Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments allowed you to spread the payment of taxes for a retirement plan distribution over tax years 2020, 2021 and 2022.  Is this the form that you are looking for?

Forms availability says that the form will not be available until February 16.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
brixk

No, I don’t need a form. It just keeps giving me an error messages. I don’t need to claim any disaster relief tax, I clicked “yes” in error and now it won’t let me change my answer

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please refer to the following articles for instructions on how to delete a form. 

How do I delete a tax form in the TurboTax CD/Download ... 

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies