Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wisconsin Medical Care Insurance Deduction

I had my taxes reviewed by a CPA and they filed an amended return giving me $300 in 2022.  I asked her again to check my 2023 taxes and the same issue applies.  So now I have to pay her again to amend my returns.

I checked Wisconsin State Taxes under Medical Care Insurance.  It reads:

Enter medical insurance premiums you paid OUT-OF-POCKET for surgical, medical, hospital, major medical or other health insurance coverage.  Include any amount deducted from your monthly Social Security benefit for Medicare insurance (for example, Parts B and D).  Learn more

HOWEVER, Turbo Tax does not provide a box to enter this amount.  This should be corrected!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

I did a mock return as a Wisconsin resident. If you go through the state screens, you will come across a screen named Medical Care Insurance. This would be the screen in which you add your out-of-pocket medical insurance premiums for surgical, medical, hospital, major medical, or other health service coverage. 

If you would like to amend your state return in TurboTax, please click here for instructions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You show the screen I was referring to.  You will notice it has boxes for self-employed, employee, or employee or unemployed.  It does not have a box for social security recipient or retired.  

I would think it would make sense for Turbo Tax to incorporate a box labeled "Retired" where you could enter the amount deducted from your social security to eliminate any confusion.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies