Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Marlett

Will my two thousand twenty three taxes be Delayed due to me following twenty twenty two also?

Will my 2023 taxes be Delayed Due to filling both 2023 and 2022 taxes all together this year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Will my two thousand twenty three taxes be Delayed due to me following twenty twenty two also?

That depends on what you actually did.  You file each year separately, and for 2022, e-filing through Turbotax is not allowed. You would have to buy Turbotax to download onto your own computer, prepare your 2022 return, print it, and mail it to the IRS.  Then (before or after) you could use either Turbotax online or a download a copy of the 2023 program, prepare your 2023 return, and e-file it.  If you did that, there is no particular reason that one or the other would be delayed.

However, if you put all your 2022 and 2023 information on one return, or you used the 2023 version of Turbotax to file both a 2023 and 2022 return, then you definitely screwed up and things could be delayed, plus you will be required to file amended returns to correct the errors. 

It could if there was carryforward information that would need to be checked against your 2022 return. It's taking the IRS 1 to 2 months to process mailed 2022 returns. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies