Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will IRS submit Second Time my ACH for 2024 that was NSF?

Thanks.  Because of my stupidity, I did not have adequate money in my checking account when the IRS via ACH tried to withdraw my 2023 taxes, form 1040, due.  My credit union rejected the ACH from the IRS

This was April 11, 2024.  Today is April 14th, and the IRS has NOT made a second attempt to withdraw via ACH the money.  It seems to me, they will not make a second attempt.  Will They try a second time?

Online, at the IRS site, I can make an Online Direct Payment for my 2023 taxes due via my Credit Union checking account.  I could try to telephone the IRS tomorrow, Monday.

My thinking is to pay the IRS the balance due via the Online, providing the Routing and account numbers.

Thanks Community for being here to help me, 

Garland 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is exactly what you should do. A second payment won't be initiated by the IRS since the first one failed. 

Follow this link and use the information under Cancellations, errors and questions to contact the IRS about your payment. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, really appreciate what you have done for me, on almost the last day. I am very grateful for TuboTax for all the assistance, over the years, in helping me complete and file my returns.  Then, just today, I get confirmation of the answer I think I should follow.  Does not get any better than that.

Garland

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies