Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I receive a stimulus check based on not being claimed as a dependant and making less than the individual income threshold if I have already received my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Will I receive a stimulus check based on not being claimed as a dependant and making less than the individual income threshold if I have already received my tax return?

Yes. If you qualify for the third stimulus payment, then the IRS will automatically send you a payment. The IRS will continue to send third stimulus payments throughout the year. Therefore, just because you have not received a payment yet, does not mean that you won't. 

You can check the status of your third payment by using the Get My Payment tool.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bvojtech
Returning Member

When I did my taxes in February, I said that my parents could claim me as a dependent, but they are not able to anymore. I was not a student in 2020 like I was in 2019, but my parents still covered over half of my expenses. I filed the 1040x form to amend my tax return, and it was accepted by the federal government, but I still have not received any stimulus payments? What more do I need to do to get the stimulus payment. Thank you for any advice.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

@bvojtech You have done all that you can do to receive your stimulus payment, since you corrected your tax return to reflect the stimulus money due you. You just need to wait now for the IRS to process everything.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies