scottashbaugh

Will I have issues with my daughter's health and auto insurance if my 20 year old daughter claims herself as a dependent? I still pay her insurance needs.

DianeW

This should not be an issue with your insurance companies.  The tax return is distinct and separate from the insurance requirements for your children. For example, if your daughter is on your insurance plan at work, then she selects that she was insured all year, or if you have insurance from the marketplace, then you divide up the Form 1095-A information between you if only one form was issued to you.

The auto insurance is based on different criteria than her tax return.

DianeW