turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kevin3838

Wife and I live in MO. Wife works in MO. I work in IL. Married filing jointly. On Form IL-1040, do I need to attach her and my W-2 or just mine? Do we both sign the form?

My wife and I live in Missouri. My wife works in Missouri, but I work in Illinois.

We are married filing jointly. On Form IL-1040, do I need to attach her and my W-2 or just my W-2?

Do we both need to sign this form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Karen1209

Wife and I live in MO. Wife works in MO. I work in IL. Married filing jointly. On Form IL-1040, do I need to attach her and my W-2 or just mine? Do we both sign the form?

Yes, her W-2 is included and you both sign because you're filing a joint nonresident return, but only if you're filing by mail. 

If you're e-filing, TurboTax takes care of everything.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Karen1209

Yes, her W-2 is included and you both sign because you're filing a joint nonresident return, but only if you're filing by mail. 

If you're e-filing, TurboTax takes care of everything.

kevin3838

Thanks Karen. I attached both W-2s and mailed them in to IL.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies