Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why won't Turbo Tax let me file my NY state tax return when I include dates for estimated taxes to be paid electronically for the 2024 tax year?

It will only let me list the date for the first estimated tax payment.  If I try to file with all four dates, it says there is an error. It wants me to remove the other three dates for the estimated tax to be paid electronically. (Using the Premier Version of TurboTax.)

Last year, I was able to set up, through Turbo Tax 2022, estimated tax payments for the 2023 tax year. The payments came out of my bank account at the dates I had scheduled on the tax return.  This year, 2023, Turbo Tax would allow me to schedule all four estimated payments before I filed, but would only allow me to schedule the first estimated tax payment (for April) if I wanted to actually e-file my return.  I don't understand why it worked last tax year, but not this year. Why would it tell you to set up the four payments and then not allow you to e-file with those payments included?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies