Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why taxes withheld don't match

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Social security and Medicare taxes are not included as "tax payments" on your Tax Return like Federal and State Withholding.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Federal taxes withheld? Did you have wages greater than $250,000?

no. i don't see my social and medicaid taxes paid are not considered under federal taxes withheld section only Federal tax and state taxes paid are considered.

This is the response i got "Social security and Medicare taxes are not included as "tax payments" on your Tax Return like Federal and State Withholding." for that my following questions are, is it new for this year or from the begining? I am confused, if they don't be considered in Federal withholding then when they will be considered?
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Social security and Medicare taxes are not included as "tax payments" on your Tax Return like Federal and State Withholding.

is it new for this year or from the begining? I am confused, if they don't be considered in Federal withholding then when they will be considered?
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

These taxes are paid to the Social Security Administration and when you turn 65 you can take advantage of this.  Here is a link to help explain: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.thebalance.com/where-do-social-security-and-medicare-taxes-go-1289990">https://www.theba...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies