Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why isn't estimated tax payment voucher 1 printed with required forms when e-filing?

I almost always have estimated tax payments required. If the estimated tax payment work has been done for a return, then [at least] the first federal and/or state payment vouchers should be printed along with the "required forms", but they are not. It's a hassle to have to go back and select a page or two from the 150+ complete pdf file to print the forms.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Why isn't estimated tax payment voucher 1 printed with required forms when e-filing?

They don't print automatically because not everyone wishes to mail their estimated tax payments even if they choose to print a copy of their return. You could pay directly on the IRS website and/or the state site and avoid the hassle of printing/mailing the vouchers altogether. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TT only provides one option not to pay with the return, "I'll send a check by 4/15", and then it prints the vouchers. But if most of us don't need estimated payment vouchers then why do we need the tax due payment vouchers since the web pay option is much easier. There is no option"I'll use Web pay by 4/15", but there should be. It really ought to provide an option to print either or both types of vouchers, rather than the current approach. That said, it's probably now true that most estimated payments are made online, but then so are the tax payments themselves. However, I'm probably not alone in not wanting to have TT do those payments for me. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies