turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pmeoh

Why is Turbo Tax deducting over $2K from my deductions in 2017? My adjusted gross is $75,698 and my total deductions are $16,547?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Why is Turbo Tax deducting over $2K from my deductions in 2017? My adjusted gross is $75,698 and my total deductions are $16,547?

Are you doing a 2017 tax return now? Or comparing 2017 to 2018?
pmeoh

pmeoh

I'm amending my 2017 return now and Turbo Tax is claiming the 2K being deducted from my total deductions is a limited deduction but my income doesn't seem to warrant that.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.accountingweb.com/tax/individuals/how-the-pease-rule-impacts-itemized-deductions">https:...>
You are using the 2017 desktop software, right?
pmeoh

Yes, I was but I gave up.  I completed the amended return by hand without Turbo Tax.  Thanks for your help.

For 2018, the total of State/Local/Sales/Property tax deductions is capped at $10,000.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies