Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

drositano
Returning Member

Why is TT generating a Form 8995 when I am not a business and have no loss carry forward??

I am not self-employed and the only income I had in 2023 was from early IRA withdrawals.  The only other income I reported as a rebate from my local water company for a lawn conversion rebate of like $1100.  Somehow, TT has generated a form 8995 with a $4K  loss carry forward and I cannot figure out why it did it or if I need to correct something.  I did not enter anything incorrectly, all of the income was scraped by TT diretly from 1099s that my financial institution sent when I did the wirhdrawals,  I did not even do my taxes last year because I wasn't working.  I am not going to go in and just delete form 8995 as I fully realize all of these forms are connected to inputs.  I also don't want this to trigger an audit for an invalid reason.   I saw another post about this a month ago and the person got no resolution - there are a number of past posts as well with also no resolution.  Why is the qualified business form being created and should I leave it or??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Why is TT generating a Form 8995 when I am not a business and have no loss carry forward??

Do you have 1099-DIVs with amounts in Box 5?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
drositano
Returning Member

I do not have any 1099-Div.  I saw that in the help answers but I do not.  

drositano
Returning Member

It seems like the small 1099-MISC lawn conversion rebate program money may have triggered it.  There is really no other way to explain it?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I suggest you look at the Form 8995 as it will indicate where the information on it is coming from. On line 1 will be listed the businesses from which QBI income is being recognized. Line 3 will list the carryover amount from the previous year. Once you know where the income or loss is coming from, you can investigate further to determine if there are any adjustments that have to be made.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
drositano
Returning Member

I did look at the form, it’s resolved now big only after 7 calls with intuit. Thx. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies