brazy7777

Why does my return say still being processed

ee-ea

mesquitebean

If it has the actual term "still" that often means it has been pulled for manual review.  Only the IRS will know "why."  If they need more info, they might send a letter.  Check the WMR tool occasionally in case they put up a message.    If it's been longer than 21 days, then you can try to phone the IRS to see if you can learn anything about the delay, but it won't be easy due to pandemic staff shortages, busy tax season, stimulus duties, etc.   Here's how one would normally reach an IRS agent:

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.