popr45

Why do I keep getting sent back to Drivers license info when I try to continue on to filing my return? I am in the state of AZ.

WeronikaS

There are two potential reasons why this may be happening:

1. Driver's license information you entered is incorrect/incomplete OR

2. You have an error on your return

To check Driver License:

Please ensure you are entering all required information about the driver license:

1.         Pick issuing state from a drop down

2.         Enter ID number (depending on a state there may be different formatting requirements, e.g. numbers only. if you haven't entered the ID number in a correct format, the software will show you an error message and what is required)

3.         Select issue and expiration date formats and enter the dates.

4.         If you are filing a NY return and have a NY driver's license, you will also be required to enter Document Number (the first 3 characters). Depending on when your driver's license was issued, the Document Number will be displayed on the front and/or back of your document. When listed on the back, it is proceeded with "IDUSA". Please do not enter these characters on the Document Number field.

If you have an error on your return:

You have two options: fix the error or file by mail. If you would like to e-file, please follow the instruction in the software, which will show you the specific error you have and how to fix it. Once the error is resolved, you will be able to e-file.