Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HannahT

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

So I was having this very frustrating issue as well. However, deleting my state Tax and redoing it was the solution for me. I didn't have to pay an extra fee or anything like that so I would highly reccomend.

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

When you say "delete", do you mean unchecking the box to efile state before sending the efile, or something different?

After mine failed today I changed browsers, dumped cache, unselected state and when trying to efile federal I still got the "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." message.  My taxes are not complicated. 

Last year went through without a hitch.  I don't particularly enjoy having to keep dealing with this, or having to resort to a community forum for support.  

jbenedetto
Returning Member

No. It's difficult to guide you through now that my taxes are submitted because my screen no longer looks the same, but I'll do my best. To delete your state click State on the left hand column and it should bring you to the screen where it lists each state return you've prepared. There will be a button to the right of each state preparation that says delete. Once you've deleted it, click add new and start over.

HannahT

Yeah where it says State, click that and then the page should allow you to delete or edit. Click delete your state information then confirm. Then fill it out again, choose the free option and you should be good to go!

jbenedetto
Returning Member

I also paid via credit card beforehand and it worked for me. I've noticed some people are having trouble if they've already paid.

biomed12

That is right. I took ya'll advise and deleted my state tax. There seems to be a glitch in the system. It doesn't seem to read that you are filing both federal and state taxes. I did pay as well so I looked back seemed to only charge me for federal. I went back deleted state tax section and redid it. Warning it will end up screwing your progress and duplicate your federal with a duplicate blank one request you to fill it out again. Please click on federal and check first because if you don't if will mess up all your credits and deductions. I had to delete the duplicate and double check my original numbers. After that I clicked on final review and it said everything was good to go YAY! Then it finally charged me for state. Paid that and submitted efile and it went through. Have mercy it worked! Ya'll helped me more then Turbotax customer service rep who hanged up on me. 

jbenedetto
Returning Member

I had two reps hang up on me and two just leave the chat without fixing the issue!!! Horrible customer service for what's supposed to be a "premium" product.

This worked! Thanks!

I think I might wait a week and see if they fix their crap before I delete and re-create a state entry.  Thats a bit of work for their negligence. 

It took 5 minutes to walk through it again after deleting it. Your call though. 

How do you delete state?  I try to clear and start over but it said once I transmit my return I can’t delete it

I had this problem, and here is my fix. Somehow, the software had added a blank w2 to the federal. It wasn't listed on the main page for income, I actually had to go into the option that said W2's on the long list of options at the beginning of the federal filing. Once deleted, my transfer completed. I don't know why it added a blank w2, I am certain that I didn't do it. I hope this helps someone else.

@Ivy Perry 

Look at the progress list on the left side, that tells you where you are in your return. Click on 'State', and hit the trash icon beside your state return that you have already created. Hope this helps

How do you delete state? 

I have done that, its not giving me the option 😕

then when I clear ky said I paid it already and not letting me redo

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies