Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why cant i acess my state return

When I log into TurboTax, it days thst my Federal return has been accepted.  Then when I got down to state taxes, it days my refund is zero . So I tried to press add a state and nothing happens.  So is my state taxes not done yet? How do I get into my state taxes or atleast acess them

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Why cant i acess my state return

If you completed and submitted both the federal and state returns, the federal return gets processed before the state return and there is a delay before your state return gets processed.   If the state is pending then you will not be able to access your state return until it gets processed.  Here is an article with information to help you track your state refund.

If you did not complete a state return,  then you will have to prepare the state return.  Here are the steps to add and file a state return:

TurboTax Online

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. On the Your 2023 federal return was accepted! page, open Your tax returns & documents, and then select 2023.
  3. Select Add a state to reopen your return.
    • Note: If you've already started your state return, you can select Continue your return in the state tax return box.
  4. Select State from the menu.
  5. On the Let's get your state taxes done right screen, select Continue and follow the instructions.

For more information see this TurboTax help article.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies