turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KP96
Level 2

Why am I getting efile rejection this year for Form 1116 due to taxpaid date. Have logged with cust service and internal to turbotax and preventing efile.

In speaking with customer service, this seems to be a new issue this year.   Requesting to get this fixed in order to prevent mailing in return from overseas.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Why am I getting efile rejection this year for Form 1116 due to taxpaid date. Have logged with cust service and internal to turbotax and preventing efile.

The issue has been submitted and is currently under investigation.  If you would like to receive an update for the progress, click on the following link to get notified:

Form 1116 reject error

If you have paid taxes to both foreign and the US tax authorities, the IRS allows you to claim a foreign tax credit on your US tax return.  To claim this foreign tax credit, you would need to file a Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit.  The amount will show on Schedule 3 line 1 and line 20 on Form 1040.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KP96
Level 2

Thanks for your reply.  Glad to hear this issue is under investigation.  

I have been filing Foreign Tax credit for past 10 years via TurboTax and hopefully this can get resolved. 

Was very surprised to see this issue this year.   

If TT needs my example for testing to find root cause of issue they can contact me and happy to share whatever I can for resolution.   

Thank you for the link and have added my information to get contacted.    Hopefully this is high priority issue and can get resolved and members can efile before this years deadline.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies