Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sandernik

Which state should I choose as my state of residence if I live outside of the US?

I teach at an international school and I live in Saudi Arabia. I do not have a US residence. I use my daughter mailing address for my US mail. I plan to use the FEI exclusion. So, I do not know which state to pick as my residence. It will not allow me to leave it blank.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Which state should I choose as my state of residence if I live outside of the US?

@ sandernik wrote:
I teach at an international school and I live in Saudi Arabia. I do not have a US residence. I use my daughter mailing address for my US mail. I plan to use the FEI exclusion. So, I do not know which state to pick as my residence. It will not allow me to leave it blank.

Are you in the MY INFO section and referring to the question that asks you to indicate your state of residence on December 31, 2020?    If so, in the dropdown list of states, right after Wyoming at the very bottom is "Foreign or US Possession."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies