Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Which program should I use to file taxes as a private caregiver + freelancer who has not filed since 2020?

Hello, I am a private caregiver who gets paid via a written check every week. I'm also a freelancer via upwork that gets paid electronic deposit. I also have not filed taxes since 2020 and would like some guidance as to which program I should purchase to do my taxes. I was hoping to ask a customer service sales rep but the customer service line tells me I cant speak with a human unless I purchase a program. The problem is I don't know which one to purchase. I'm also not sure if I should do my 2020 taxes or just start with 2023 and work my way back. Given my unique situation, can someone point me in the right direction as far as which program I should look into? I want something where I can either speak with a live rep or have them do it for me. However, given my unique situation I want specific guidance on the best course of action, but I cant speak with someone without purchasing a program first. Please help :(

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Which program should I use to file taxes as a private caregiver + freelancer who has not filed since 2020?

You will be reporting self-employment income on IRS Schedule C.  

TurboTax Desktop Premium or TurboTax Desktop Home & Business will prepare those tax returns.  The Desktop software options are here.

TurboTax Online Premium will prepare those tax returns and the Live Assisted version will give you access to Tax Experts.  Live Full Service will prepare the tax return for you.

See them here.

Prior year tax returns may be found here.

Some recommend that the current tax return and the late tax returns all be submitted at the same time.  Some would say that you prepare 2023, then 2022 and so on.  You should talk over your particular situation with one of our Live Experts or a local professional.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies