Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where to enter MA differences to Federal K-1 box 2

My Federal K-1 (1065, for partnerships/LLCs) has one value; the corresponding MA 3K-1 line has a different value.  I need the different value to show up in the MA form 8582 part V for passive activity losses.

However, in the MA section of TurboTax, when I edit the K-1 and for "Do you have any Massachusetts differences?" I select Yes, the only differences I can enter are for the "partnership income", and are reflected in Schedule E, rather than Schedule 8582.

How can I enter a MA difference to a federal form 1065 Schedule K-1 box 2 "Net rental real estate income (loss)" so it shows up in Form 8582 Part V (passive activities), modifying a PAL, and not as (taxable) income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After several hours on the phone with two different CPAs, it was confirmed that it's not possible with the online version, and I need to use the desktop version.

In the MA section of the desktop app, I need to look at the "Activity Worksheet", enter an adjustment for line 1D.  Also, to change the carryover from last year, I need to modify line 6.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Thanks @tagteam .  The link says to either post or talk to a person.  So I talked to a person, and they're as mystified as I am.  They told me to pay $90, plus more for state, to talk to a CPA, even though my question isn't a tax question, but rather a question about how to enter a value into TurobTax.

I'll give it a try, but I'm not very hopeful.

After several hours on the phone with two different CPAs, it was confirmed that it's not possible with the online version, and I need to use the desktop version.

In the MA section of the desktop app, I need to look at the "Activity Worksheet", enter an adjustment for line 1D.  Also, to change the carryover from last year, I need to modify line 6.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies