Where I can enter my estimated taxes I payed for 2016 tax year during 2016.

Is is correct if Turbo Tax scheduled my estimated tax payments in 2015 for 2016 even though have got refund for 2015.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AnnetteB

Use the following steps to go to the section of your return to enter the estimated taxes that you paid in 2016:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)

• This opens a box where you can type in “estimated tax payments” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)

• The search results will give you an option to “Jump to estimated tax payments

• Click on the blue “Jump to estimated tax payments” link

Usually, if you receive a refund, estimated taxes would not be needed for the following year unless it was triggered by a certain type of income that may not have taxes withheld.  Income items such as capital gains or self-employment are such examples. 

AnnetteB