Solved: Where do I report the money we received from the county for serving at our election polling place?

Where do I report the money we received from the county for serving at our election polling place?

If you have received a W-2 for election /poll income, then you must report it as such.  If you have not received the Form W-2, then you should not have received more than $1,600 in compensation and the amount should be reported as Other Income.

Please follow the steps below to enter Poll/Election income:

1. Federal Taxes 
  2. Wages & Income
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Select Miscellaneous Income
  5. Select Other Reportable Income - enter Description (Poll or Election), enter the amount

Note: If you have received more than $1600 and no W-2 was issued, please contact the agency for which you worked.

1. Federal Taxes 
  2. Wages & Income
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Select Miscellaneous Income