d_elkins95

Where do I answer questions or state that I received a 1095b? I see 1095a on the first page of Health Care, but not 1095b.

JohnR1

You do not have to file Form 1095-B with the IRS, or enter it into TurboTax - there is no filing requirement for this particular form - just retain it for your records.

Please note that not all 1095 tax forms get reported to the IRS:

• Only the 1095-A gets entered into TurboTax in the Health Insurance section
  • If you receive a Form 1095-B, entitled “Health Coverage”, the IRS does not need any details from this form, you can just retain for your records any 1095-B forms received from your health insurance company or government agency that sponsors your plan
  • If you have a 1095-C, a form entitled “Employer Provided Health insurance Offer and Coverage”, the IRS does not need any details from this form either.  You can keep any 1095-C forms which you receive from your employer, for your records.

JohnR1

JimSzafarek

Thank you. An instruction on the form would be most helpful.

Annedh42

I understand that I don't have to file the 1095-B or enter it into TurboTax, but TurboTax asks for 1095-A information and then says that if you do not have one and fill out the information that your taxes may be held up several months.

Why doesn't it just ask if you have a 1095-B and then they will know why I don't have a 1095-A???