To verify if you scheduled a debit date for the taxes due, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Online account.
- Go to My TurboTax on the top left.
- Then select My Tax Timeline.
- Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets.
- If this is for a federal payment, the scheduled debit date is found on Federal Information Worksheet -Part V.
- If this is for a state payment, the scheduled debit date is found on the State Information Worksheet-Part V.
During non-peak times, funds
are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed
return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS/State.
Due to high e-filing volume it take a few more days to process and it can then take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.
No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for a late payment.
In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account – if you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.