Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wxy2792

When I try to import my 1099-B from my WeBull, I don't see any detail in 1099-B after connect to my account. after I hit import the 1099-B disappear. any thoughts on why?

after I connect my WeBull there are 3 forms (1099-B, 1099-DIV & 1099-INT), the other two are fine but there is not detail under 1099-B, then after I import I can only see the other two imported. WeBull said the data is normal and I didn't meet this issue when importing my wife's 1099-B
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

When I try to import my 1099-B from my WeBull, I don't see any detail in 1099-B after connect to my account. after I hit import the 1099-B disappear. any thoughts on why?

It sounds like there is no IRS form 1099-B information to report but the WeBull interface does not make that fact clear.

"I didn't meet this issue when importing my wife's 1099-B."

Were you told that you did not need the IRS form 1099-B?  Or something else?

Are you able to view an IRS form 1099-B from WeBull?  If so, you may be able enter the detail directly from the IRS form 1099-B.  Or you may be able to upload a PDF file of the IRS form 1099-B.

Please clarify.  If required, someone here will help you with the entry of the information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wxy2792

Hi there - yes I have a1099-B that I can download from WeBull.but when I try to import it it only has the total amount and showing nothing when I hit details, and then disappear after I hit import.

I am trying to avoid typing all transactions by myself as there are a lot, some of them also triggered wash sales. So I am trying to import the data. I am using the desktop version and do you know where can I upload my pdf? Thanks!

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Desktop Premier version, you may elect to report summary information.  If your brokerage statements include a summary of your transactions, grouped by sales category, for example, Box A short-term covered or Box D long-term covered, you will enter the summary info instead of each individual transaction.  Follow these steps:

• Click on Federal Taxes.
  • Click on Wages & Income.
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on.
  • Under Investment Income, select Start / Update to the right of Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.
  • Click on Add More Sales.
  • At the screen OK, let's start with one investment type, select Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds and click Continue.
  • At the screen Let us enter your investment sale info, enter the broker information.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Which bank or brokerage is on your 1099-B, enter broker information.
  • Do these sales include any employee stock, click No.
  • Do you have more than three sales on your 1099-B, click Yes.
  • Do these sales include any other types of investments, click No.
  • Did you buy every investment listed on your 1099-B, click Yes.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Now choose how to enter your sales, select Sales section totals.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Look for your sales on your 1099-B, click Continue.
  • At the screen Now, enter one sales total, enter the information taking care to report the correct Sales section title.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen Review your sales section totals, select Add another sales total to continue entering more sales section totals.
  • At the screen How do you plan on submitting your 1099-B to the IRS, you are instructed to mail a paper copy of the IRS form 1099-B to the IRS.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wxy2792

So the desktop can't just upload the pdf?

Regarding the mailing, I do see the mailing instructions, but it says mail the 1099-B with form 8453. I look up the 8453 but it doesn't have checkbox for 1099-B. is that the form I should be mailed with?

You cannot import your transaction data from PDF.

You have to go online to your broker and login via TurboTax.

-----

the detail reporting rule (explained in IRS instructions) is :

a) covered transactions without adjustments do not require Form 8949.
b) covered transactions with adjustments (i.e. wash sales) must be detailed on some 8949 or your other forms in the manner of 8949.
--
If  you aggregate a) no mailing is necessary. the totals appear on Schedule D line 1a or 8a.
If you aggregate b) or aggregate other Box categories (BC,  EF) either attach details to mailed return or mail in the details after e-File.   The  b) totals appear on Schedule D line 1b or 8b.

Box A and Box D are your covered transactions.

a) is the only Exception to the IRS requirement to list in detail every closing transaction you make during the year.

@wxy2792 

wxy2792

@fanfare 

I have multiple 1099-B from different carriers, one is from WeBull and TurboTax can't import the data. So I just input the aggregate amount and adjustment (wash sales) for WeBull on TurboTax while filing. And mail the form 8949 and only the Webull 1099-B (no need to mail other 1099-B) after I e-file, correct? Anything else I need to mail with? Do I still need to input each transaction on form 8949? assuming no since I am mailing the 1099-B with it.

If your form 8949 shows "M" in the code column, that is a summarized 8949.

The summarized form 8949 goes with your e-File (don't mail it again) ,the details are supplied by you separately.

Form 8453 is a coversheet to identify you as the filing taxpayer.

Check the last box (8949) even if you are providing detail in another report.

@wxy2792 

wxy2792

@fanfare 

So just to be clear, in the case that I have multiple 1099-B, I only summarize one (with adjustments) but itemized all others, I only need to mail the one that I summarized (which includes all transcation I summarized), correct? sorry I am trying to understand it as best as I can since I see I need to mail it within 3 days after I e-file which sounds really time sentsitive to me. 

Also, if I choose to input all the itemized transactions with adjustments, then input the aggregate for the rest (since I input all with adjustment so there will be no adjustment for this) then I don't need to mail anything, correct?

Appreciate your answers. thank you!

you only mail required details that do not appear on your e-File.

see above for required details exception rule  .

@wxy2792 

I had this exact problem. It would import my 1099-DIV and my 1099-INT from Webull Omnibus but the 1099-B would come though blank when using Brave as my browser. After trying everything, it finally worked when I used a different browser, I switched to Google Chrome and cleared the cache and when I enter my login info there it finally imported properly. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies