Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ekp1

When i input my wages and unemployment on the tax calculator, use standard deduction. My taxes are under 800.00 owed, but when I fill the info on turbotax it goes up 2000

why would they be different by so much?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

When i input my wages and unemployment on the tax calculator, use standard deduction. My taxes are under 800.00 owed, but when I fill the info on turbotax it goes up 2000

one or the other has incomplete or inaccurate info entered. we have no way of determining which, if either, is correct.  it's also possible on one you're looking at your refund while on the other you are seeing your tax liability before withholding.

we might be able to help, but we would need to know your adjusted gross, income, filing status, number of dependents,  and whether you are 65 or older or perhaps this would help an $800 tax liability assuming no dependents, tax credits or special tax calculations would indicate taxable income (line 15 of 1040) of around $8,000 while $2,000 in a tax liability would indicate, based on same conditions as above, of around $20,000

ekp1

My total income for 2023 was 148,260.00 total fed withholding 16394.00 Filing married/joint no dependents (Not 65 or older) Calculator show me owing around 800 federal, but when input into turbotax the liability goes to 2437.00 if you need any other info, let me know. Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies