When I go to finish my turbotax refund, it says ev...

loupxgaroux86

When I go to finish my turbotax refund, it says everything ia fine but then at the end it says "but the irs Is not done finalizing one of your forms, 1040" what is this?

Is this something that I have to do myself? Or do I just wait for them? It says "form 1040 available date: 1/7/2021, but that's today and it still says this.
DJS

The IRS has not yet finalized all the forms necessary for filing your 2020 Tax return. When the forms are finalized, possibly by the end of January, then TurboTax will update it's electronic forms and you will be able to file. There is nothing that you need to do other than to wait for the forms to be updated. 

In any event, you should not be in too much of a hurry to file. And you can't file until the IRS opens filing on Jan 27, 2021 anyway. Please be patient.  Don't be in a hurry.  Most people who file early have to amend later.  And you can't file until you get all your W2s and 1099 forms, which might not come until the end of January.

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**
NCperson

check back in a few hours..  desktop version just updated in the last hour; I suspect they will update online as the day progresses