Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gjmdoda1

When filing my Arizona return, my Federal schedule A is not included in the filing copy. I'm only itemizing on state. Does it get automatically included with the efile?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When filing my Arizona return, my Federal schedule A is not included in the filing copy. I'm only itemizing on state. Does it get automatically included with the efile?

Arizona's instructions require that Schedule A from the federal return be attached to any Arizona return that takes itemized deductions. However, as you know, if you do not itemize on the federal return, there is no Schedule A on the federal return to attach.

Companies like TurboTax do not file forms as such; instead they file data packets that have been defined in advance by the IRS and the states. I am not sure, but I believe that TurboTax must create whatever data the state requests to be added in the case where there is no Schedule A on the federal return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Arizona's instructions require that Schedule A from the federal return be attached to any Arizona return that takes itemized deductions. However, as you know, if you do not itemize on the federal return, there is no Schedule A on the federal return to attach.

Companies like TurboTax do not file forms as such; instead they file data packets that have been defined in advance by the IRS and the states. I am not sure, but I believe that TurboTax must create whatever data the state requests to be added in the case where there is no Schedule A on the federal return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies